Sunday, April 4, 2010

Straight Pipe

So just recently I decided I wanted to make my truck louder, but since I'm on a budget, I can't really afford to spend much on a new exhaust system. I did some research on the internet and turns out I could just take off my factory muffler and resonator while keeping my cats, and get my truck to get that loud 350 block V8 sound I wanted! Which was easier than I thought. Just removed two bolts, took a sawza and and cut the pipe where the pipe went over the differential and just threw it away, easy as that. When I went to turn my engine on, to my surprise my truck was obnoxiously loud. My neighbors came out to hear what the ruckess was and to their surprise, they saw me standing in front of my truck admiring the sound, the deep rumble, the monstrous roar, the ear deafening growl. My truck was officially the most hated thing on the block.
I do hope someday, maybe i'll make enough money and buy a corsa exhaust. But for now I can live with just the muffler and resonator delete. It does sound pretty powerful, but it does scare me everytime I come anywhere close to any police, lol. I did read how straight pipes are loud enough to get me a ticket. But oh well, i'll live and for the time being i'll enjoy my obnoxiously loud exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment